Friday, February 29, 2008

Dont read this post if you have never had a girlfriend

I have come to the conclusion, that I have never really loved anyone except myself, and I suppose my parents. The boys have come and gone, and yes there have been quite a few, but in all honesty, I never actually loved any of them. They were amusing and diverting and served one or more of numerous purposes (purposi?) and when they stopped being useful or fun I 'realised' that I no longer loved them, explained the situation as gently as I could and moved on.

If you are thinking 'bitch', then yes, you're quite right. I really was.

Ooh very clever, you have caught onto the 'was' bit! My life has changed a great deal since the advent of Blue nearly eight months ago. I know we all have ideas of how we will love, and who we will love and what kind of relationship we should have, but we really shouldnt bother. There will come a person who will simply make anything but themselves unimportant, and you will agree to whatever, because the warm bubbly feeling you get when you hear them say they love you is illegal to induce in any other way.

Strangely enough though, this post is not about the joys of love. I havent become that much of a pink puff ball, thank you very much. This post is about unhappiness, because with love and happiness comes hate and unhappiness. Its a rule, and you cant change it.

Insecurity. It is such a bitter word. I am faced with a past, that haunts me. If it was my past that haunted me i could still deal with it, but when the past that haunts you belongs to someone else its all you can do to just make sense of what it is that is making you so damn miserable.

I had a wonderful uncle who gave me the gift of sexual fear when I was very young, but its never been a problem until now. I curse him everyday, because the man has given me so much baggage that I can only dimly see the reason behind my raving mania, explainig to someone else is near impossible. When it comes to sex and love, and the way the two combine, there is such a mess of memory and hate and anger and fear and inadequacy in my head, that I become, well, borderline insane.

As a result, any mention of Blue's past exploits (and unfortunately for me, there are a lot of them) and I feel like I imagine a beer can must when some drunk man crushes it against his head. I deflate, I am crushed, I lose all former shape and huddle inside myself in puddle of what i was ten minutes ago.

I am not a possesive person, but the kind of rage and hate I am confronted with in these moments is paralysing. And i know that Blue doesnt understand. Its mostly because Blue doesnt know.

Ah forgive my lengthy ramblings. I love and I am loved. The rest can be swept under a carpet.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I empathize. Thank you for this post. You've little idea of what content you've brought a person you scarcely know.
God bless woman. Cheers.
Wombat/cuhp.

TheDragon said...

Wombat/cuhp : Thats the best thing about blogging, connecting with people you dont know over something that you really thought matered only to you. Thank you for your comment. It really meant a lot to me.

Kiro said...

Hmmmm...

tingting said...

It's sad how the bad parts of some stories can be exactly the same.

This was a very hard postsecret-type moment.

Thanks.
And, I'd like to hug you now, if that's ok.
*huuuuuuuuuuuug*

TheDragon said...

Madhu: How deeply profound.

Drag.on.fly.or.not:Thank you, for both the hug and the nice words.

Renovatio said...

I sometimes, really, really wish that this wasn't the way the world worked. The fact that so many uncles have left so many smart, talented, wonderful, once-warm people with such horrible memories and emotion.

I can't say I know how you feel, but I know what you feel, if you can understand the difference. A woman I loved went through the same, and because she couldn't open up to me about it, we lost each other. Just, don't. Really.

Anonymous said...

Porpoises, even.

Yes, so you never really loved any of them, eh. Ah, nice. I'll remember that one.

Um. Honestly, you should tell him all this stuff. You're loved, like you said, so what's there to fear? Past exploits, are, after all, past.

W

TheDragon said...

Renovatio: That is so sad, and even its even sadder how easily it happens. Yeah Im trying to deal. The problem is, you have to face things that are SOOO umpleasant in oreder to get beyond them that very often, you simpy cant, no matter how much you may want to.

W: Oh hush! I never really had the oppurtunity to explore the love I felt for any of them, you perhaps mot of all, so i dont really know. It doesnt fee like it, but then, it was so long ago...
Im sick of talking by the way!! I do it way to often.

Anonymous said...

Real beauty must always be accidental. I've come again and again here just to breathe. This post, I revel in it. Couldn't thank you enough for having written it. No envy. I would've wanted a friend to just sit close by and say exactly all this out to me. Once when I really needed it. And now, when I need it again.
Thank you.

TheDragon said...

Anonymous: Honestly, I dont know what to say. Thanks for coming seems a tad inadequate, but in effect i suppose says it all.

Thanks for coming!