Sunday, October 01, 2006

All I can do is kiss you, Through the bars of a rhyme..

I know love isnt permanent, but what about hate? I once read that the opposite of love isnt hate, its indifference. But isnt either one an absence of love? Thats whats important surely.

Hate changes you, makes you look at the world differently, (well so does love, but this is about hate). Ive always been able to let go of the love, but the hate stays with me. Its like a part of my life and my mind was dyed the vibrant shade of puke green, and no matter how hard I try I cant dye it any other shade. I can sometimes ignore the presence of the colour, but if you scratch the surface a little bit its still there. Glowering at you from under your skin, waiting to get out and Hulk-ify you.

I hate women with pierced belly buttons, because a boyfriend once told me a gurl with one was hotter than I was. I couldnt give a shit about that boy now, but every time I see a woman with one I feel a jolt. I hate trains, women with tiny waists (though these chicks I might have hated anyways, bloody bitches), the word decent, the country of Japan and everything that comes from it, fridge doors, candy floss, Sujan Singh Park and kur kure for similar reasons (there are others but I will spare you).

Is hate a stronger emotion? Does it get its roots into us deeper and more efficiently than the now hallmarkised and outmoded concept of love? Can we hate better than we can love?

For a refreshing change from todays overly sentimental societal value system, lets do something new! Sit your closest loved one down, and tell them evrything you hate about them and always will. I mean you could die unexpectedly, maybe tomorrow, and then they would never have known. Dont waste a moment. Do it now.

10 comments:

ak said...

I love to hate.

TheDragon said...

Heehehe yes fun isnt it?

What would life be without hate?

A carebear cartoon. Or those teletubby things.

ak said...

Tell me 'bout it. Life without hate doesn't make sense, what would we do to pass our time.
Teletubby's give me the creeps.

TheDragon said...

Seriously, Who thought up those little monsters?

jairaj said...

The way we use love and hate is almost entirely incorrect. Its simply too strong a word to be used indispensably. Like and dislike could always suffice, yet we go for words that are deeper and use them for frivolous points. Think about it. Do you really hate or love anything constantly and uninterruptedly: they're emotions that will always change. Cheers...

TheDragon said...

Ahh but thats the point of this post!

The love changes, so I could happily allow that it was never love (VERY happily infact.. Take that you schmucks I NEVER loved you see?), but the hate really is constant.

Then again one could argue, that everyone defines these emotions diferently, because weall feel emotion at diffeent depths. So it could all be relative..

jairaj said...

And, well you have no idea, how absolutely happy I feel to find another Leonard Cohen-fan.

The Cat said...

haha, jai. i said the EXACT same thing to her the first time i found her, many months ago. :p
sorry i spammed this space m, but couldnt help but grin at it. you see, jai gave me cohen. :p

TheDragon said...

Hehehe for cohen fans this space is free to be spammed!

The other day a friend of mine, tho im reconsidering calling her that, tells me, "Have you heard this song by Jeff Buckley? called hallelujah?"

Bloody uncouth, uneducated, musicallly deficent *continues to mutter*

jairaj said...

hahaha...! damn right, must've heard it on Shrek!