Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dont' Cry to Me, If You Loved Me, You'd Be Here With me...

We met for lunch, in a little cafe. As late afternoon turned into early evening, we sat and stared at each other over our rapidly cooling coffee, smiling the soft secret smiles that only two people completely oblivious to the rest of the world knew how to smile. Our arms snaked their way through a maze of glasses and plates and napkins, so that I could rest my fingers in the palm of his hand.

The amused, indulging waiter approached our table to refill our glasses. He offered us the dessert menus, hiding a smile as we reluctantly disentangled our fingers to grip them.

We waited. Still enjoying the quiet between us, occasionally rubbing fingers or asking a random, inconsequential question. And then he said it.

{SILENCE}

The words hung in the air between us. I looked at the view, examined the tiny scratch on the glass, shifted uncomfortably in my chair. He squeezed my fingers tightly and I looked at him.

{SAY IT}

I leaned forward and touched his chest, his eyes were glimmering with hurt he wouldnt talk to me about. I licked my lips, but they wouldnt move.

{IM SORRY}

He needed a smoke he said and got up and walked out. His heart gushed blood from between my fingers, trailing arteries from where it had been ripped out, dripping into luke warm coffee. I could feel it beating sluggishly, pushing against my palm with every beat.

{LIAR. LIAR. LIAR. LIAR...}

13 comments:

The Cat said...

Hurt makes bloody good literature. It just makes me so sad to acknowledge such, too.

TheDragon said...

Yeah I know what you mean.

So if youre ever suffering from writers block, go stick your hand in a toaster

*GRIN*

jairaj said...

hey there's another one: "This place is dead as heaven on a saturday night." And well another: "And my very sweet companion/she's the angel of compassion/she's rubbing half the world against her thigs." i could go and on...but i know i have to stop...cheers!

Saattvic said...

hey, chill out yaar. lets have some happy stuff now. wotsay?

MinCat said...

hahahaha i forgot how funny your comments are! you knows whats i thinks. you need to stop giveing me these previews ;) come onlinnnnnnnneeeeeeee.... no m not drunk just cant believe ive dont tuesdays work on MONDAY! guess who called to make a dancing date *grin* who are all the new peoples? saattvic, duno about her but can i please?

TheDragon said...

Jerry: How about "She's touched your perfect body with her mind"

Or... damn i cant seem to think outside of cohen right now.

Saattvic: Dude happiness is so shady! Besides like Aaki said, hurt is way easer to writ about.

Mey: Heheheeheeh I like giving you previews!

OOOOOOOOOOOOO dancing date? hehehe would that make you the dancing queen of the castle?
BWAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Saattvic is fach from college. He's also the bum that broke my nose.

Saattvic said...

oye, i wasn't your fuch. i was only 1 year junior. and i'm DEFINITELY not a 'her'!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey...got your website through aaki...love your blog...no...what you've written,scrawled...over it...spraypainted your guts out over it...

if you and i come from the same side of the world...the fence or a coin...do come...

thelastandtheleast.wordpress.com

ani... ;-)

MinCat said...

oooo i think i met you saattvic. and sheehs boy dont tell me you though i was referring to you in that? it meant: i dont know abut misha but can i have some.

TheDragon said...

Saattvic: Yeah thats right... You wre so annoying no one wanted you as a fach!!! I remember!

Ani: Thank you. I shall be visiting you soon.

Mey: really u met saattvic? wen?

MinCat said...

god knows on one of thoe mad senti trips to college...just after you had graduated i think.

Saattvic said...

:(

TheDragon said...

hahahhah dont worry saattvic, we love u now!