Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Never Be Late For a BA Flight - They are evil creatures who will make you pay...

I was one of the last amongst my friends to lose my virginity. And in my late teens and beyond I was a leeeettle sensitive about the issue. Its actually quite a study in the human psyche, If you think about something enough, It will soon seem like everyone thinks about the same thing.
This happened to me, during this particular phase of my life.

I was flying by myself, from London to New Delhi on a British Airways Flight, and as the title suggests, I was unbeleivably late. I huffed up escalators, lugging a month worth of shopping with me, crawled under the bars at security and finally dragged myself onto the plane, cringing under the disapproving glares of passengers and stewardesses alike. I thought the glares and a cold meal would be the worst of it. I was wrong.

I dragged my overstuffed hand bag (This happened in the days before airport security madness, when touching up your makeup inflight wasnt an act of terrorism) through the aisles, staring at the carpeting before me and trying to look pathetic, sad and generally apologetic. As a result I didnt look at my seat until I was a few rows away.

British Airways really knows how to torture a gurl. My seat was smack in the middle of the row, this is murder enough for someone who is 5'10" tall, but what really made my gut sink to my toes, were the occupants of every seat in the same row.

Buddhist Monks.

Thats right. Seven Monks and me.

The virgin row. (Take that Virgin, Iv brought you into the belly of your competition)

I stood there, staring at my seat in open mouthed diesbelief. Was I carrying a sign or something? How did they know???

Ive never been late for a flight EVER again.

9 comments:

jairaj said...

aww, but its pretty funny. i suppose it was ironic at that time, wasn't it?

MinCat said...

much better! :D

Saattvic said...

lol. nuthin like that has EVER happened to me!!!

monks!!!!

lol

Anonymous said...

those monks probably weren't virgins.

Mephentis said...

"The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world."
I suppose it was BA that was lying awake over some very troubled everyday waters.

The Cat said...

The virgin row.

ahah. cracked me up. :)

Kiro said...

Well I think B monks get laid a lot...Mahayana monks also believe you can hit nirvana doing it...Imagine if you had lost it on that flight to one of those monks..

Anywez...What else is up...Orkut tells me someones Bday is coming up...and where is my comic book?

TheDragon said...

Jerry: I muttered abt for an entire eight hour flight.
The monks thought I was mad

Mey: thankeeee

Saattvic: See you never suffered for your virginess like I did!

Buddhist Monk #8: Am i to beleive you know this from experiance?
*GRIN*

Dhrupad: I hope so the evil bastards!

Aaki: hehehe yeah i loved it. very apt no?

Madhu: Dude! EEEWWWWW. a monk???
come on!

Kiro said...

Many Happy returns of the Day Misha...;)...Wish you all the fun.